ACTION ALERT: Please Take Action to Promote the Agricultural Worker Program Act of 2017 (AWPA). Help undocumented farm workers gain a path to citizenship, stop the separation of families and live without fear and exploitation.
When: Before Friday, July 7th.
What: VISIT or CONTACT YOUR CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES to URGE them to co-sponsor the Agricultural Worker Program Act of 2017. Farm worker organizations and allies are seeking to have 100 co-sponsors before the Congressional summer break. Please help us reach this goal.
How: Visit your Senators and Representative in their home districts or in Washington, DC. Talking Points, as well as flyers in English and Spanish. Let them know that you value the people whose labor puts food on our tables every day.
- Please support the Agricultural Worker Program Act of 2017 (in the House, HR 2690 and in the Senate, S. 1034)
- If already a cosponsor: Thank you for your support of the Agricultural Worker Program Act of 2017 (in the House, HR 2690 and in the Senate, S. 1034)
- If not a cosponsor, please become one.
- The Agricultural Worker Program Act recognizes the valuable role and contributions of farmworkers. The bill is important for farmworkers because it would take away the constant fear of deportation and allow families to stay together. This bill would also ensure a stable workforce for employers and a secure and safe food system for consumers.
- The Agricultural Worker Program Act would help address the current immigration crisis in agriculture by providing experienced farmworkers with a path to temporary immigration status, followed by an opportunity to earn lawful permanent residency through continued work in agriculture.
Share this Action Alert: