Honor the Boycott of Sakuma berries, Driscoll’s, & Häagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream until Sakuma Bros. recognizes FUJ and negotiates a fair & legally binding contract
On July 11, 2015, the Board of NFWM passed a resolution endorsing the boycott of Sakuma Bros. berries. NFWM has committed to the farm workers at Sakuma that we will support them until Sakuma Bros. recognizes FUJ as the representatives of the farm workers who work for them and negotiates a fair and binding contract.
On this page you find resources & links to learn more about Familias Unidas & the Boycott of Sakuma berries …and ways to support the farm workers. And keep coming back to this site to get updates and more actions!
- NFWM Board meeting in Bellingham, WA July 10-11, 2015.
- Overview FUJ & the Boycott of Sakuma Bros. Farm berries: Resource of NFWM
- Familias Unidas por la Justicia website
- facebook: Familias Unidas por la Justicia
- Skagit Valley News July 11, 2015
WHAT YOU CAN DO!
- Honor the Boycott of Sakuma berries, Driscoll’s, & Häagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream until Sakuma Bros. recognizes FUJ and negotiates a fair & legally binding contract.
- Use the Store Manager letter to tell your local grocery store that you support farm workers and will not buy the boycotted products. Ask the store manager to inform their corporate office that a customer wants those products off their shelves.
- Sign & send to NFWM, by mail (PO Box 10645, Raleigh, NC 27605) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), the attached postcards to Sakuma Bros., Driscoll’s, & Häagen-Dazs telling them you support Familias Unidas; and to FUJ so the farm workers know that they have your support. NFWM will mail your postcards on.
- Spread the word of FUJ’s labor dispute with Sakuma Bros. and the boycott! Send NFWM’s Sakuma Boycott Informational one-pager to collegues, friends & family.
- Visit www.boycottsakumaberries.com/ to sign the on-line petition to Driscoll’s & find out how you can start a boycott committee in your community.
WHEN YOU HAVE TAKEN ACTION, PLEASE LET US KNOW AT NFWM@NFWM.ORG.