DAIRY WORKERS NEED YOUR SUPPORT – USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO TELL STARBUCKS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ABUSE THAT OCCURS IN THEIR SUPPLY CHAIN.
Washington state dairy workers who milk the cows that supply many Starbucks with milk are asking for your help to call attention to their plight. Tell Starbucks that as a major buyer of Darigold products we expect them to take social responsibility for the products they use. Dairy workers have faced sexual harassment, tragic accidents, wage theft, and other abuses. Many of these workers have even been retaliated against for speaking out and some have even been sued.
How can you help? It’s really easy. We are looking to put social media pressure on Starbucks for the next few weeks.
1. Print out an “I support dairy workers” sign.
2. Take a selfie w/the sign. You get a gold star if you take your picture in front of a Starbucks!
3. Post the picture on Facebook and/or Twitter tagging @Starbucks, @Darigold and use the hashtags #DarigoldDozen and #GotAbuse.
4. Be sure to tag the UFW and NFWM . Our handles are @UnitedFarmWorkers and @NFWM on Facebook and @UFWupdates and @nfwministy on Twitter.
5. Please make your Facebook post public.
Here is a sample caption for your photo on Twitter:
.@Starbucks I support the #DarigoldDozen. As a major buyer of @Darigold products, @Starbucks must take social responsibility for the products they make profits from. #GotAbuse @ufwupdates @nfwministry
And here is a sample caption for Facebook
@Starbucks I support the #DarigoldDozen. As a major buyer of @Darigold products, @Starbucks must take social responsibility for the products they make profits from. #GotAbuse @ufw @nfwministry
If you cannot figure out the tagging or are not on social media, email the photo to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your name and the city and state the picture was taken in, and we will post it for you.
There is no particular day to do this but please post photos by November 9th.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!