EVENT: NFWM Connecting Communities Camp Outreach Training
NFWM’s Connecting Communities Project training for volunteers will be this Sunday, June 20 from 2:30-5pm at the HIVE (1214 Grove Street, Greensboro). Please RSVP if you’re able to make it.
The Connecting Communities Project’s goals are to:
- Locate migrant labor camps in Guilford & Forsyth Counties. (This will help FLOC organizers to identify especially unregistered camps).
- Talk about the Census (through the end of June); Survey for farmworkers (July – Oct.)
- Begin to develop relationships with those who live at the labor camps for potential delegation visits, connection to local congregations and possible participation in a human rights assessment.
The duration of the project is from June – October 15
The training will include information on the following:
- A section on “Know-Your-Rights” for immigrants
- How to use the Census & Survey materials
- Project Logistics (volunteer dates, teams, and project area)
- Country driving and the joy of locating labor camps
- Post-visit reporting, note taking & driving directions
Please let me know if you have any questions.
National Farm Worker Ministry NC