The June 18, 2022 Mass Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington and to the Polls will be a generationally transformative and disruptive gathering of poor and low-wealth people, state leaders, faith communities, moral allies, unions and partnering organizations. National Farm Worker Ministry is a mobilizing partner for the march and we want you to join us.
NFWM stands in solidarity with the Poor People’s Campaign because we both:
- Protect immigrant communities and recognize their vital role in our society
- Demand living wages and economic security for all workers
- Believe in the right to free association and the right to form and join unions
- Work to protect and secure health care (and health protections) for all
- Declare climate change a national emergency
- Want secure housing for all persons
- And so much more
June 18 is NOT just a day of action. It is a declaration of an ongoing, committed moral movement to 1) Shift the moral narrative; 2) Build power; and 3) Make real policies to fully address poverty and low wealth from the bottom up.