A Message from Food Day 2014:
Today is the day we have all been planning for! Hundreds of events and activities have already taken place to kick off Food Day celebrations with thousands more scheduled over the next few days. As you know, justice throughout the food chain—from farm workers to child consumers—is a special focus for Food Day this year. We hope that however you celebrate Food Day, you will consider some of the important food justice-related problems that need to be addressed.
Looking to get involved in Food Day 2014? Here are five ways you can participate from wherever you are:
- Attend a Food Day event — Check out our Food Day national map and plug in your zipcode to find details about Food Day events near you.
- Join the #FoodDayChat Twitter Chat — 5 hours, 5 topics–a conversation about food justice, public health, food policy, and more. This online event is hosted by @FoodDay2014, 12-5pm ET on October 24. Follow and use hashtag #FoodDayChat to participate.
- Thunderclap — Register your social media account for the #FoodDay2014 Thunderclap to add your voice to support real and just food for all. The more people who sign up, the bigger the impact we can make!
- Food Literacy Quiz — Share the Food Day Food Literacy Quiz and encourage your network to take it on Food Day.
- #FoodDayPlate — Participate in the #FoodDayPlate contest on social media by sharing a photo of your healthy or sustainable meal on Food Day! Use hashtag #FoodDayPlate to participate.