Support FLOC’s boycott of Reynolds American VUSE e-cigarettes by leaving a 1-STAR REVIEW of the convenience stores that have not stopped selling the products that are making Reynolds rich while farmworkers continue to face abuse within the Reynolds supply chain. Together, let’s leave 100 1-STAR REVIEWS to end farm worker abuse! IMPORTANT: Please let us know how in a comment below how many reviews you posted (and where!) so that we can keep a tally.
Keep in mind that this campaign isn’t ultimately about the convenience stores – this is all about REYNOLDS AMERICAN TOBACCO. In other words, we are not boycotting these convenience stores – but by demanding the attention of these stores who have the power to take VUSE off their shelves, we are adding to the mounting pressure from as many angles as possible to get REYNOLDS to guarantee fair treatment of the workers who add to their wealth.
WHAT TO WRITE:
“Farm workers of FLOC are asking [Circle K] to take Reynolds American e-cig VUSE off of their shelves. FLOC has sent multiple letters and phone calls to [Circle K]’s corporate office with no response. VUSE is a product of Reynolds Tobacco and I am boycotting VUSE until Reynolds American guarantees the rights of farm workers within their supply chain. Farm workers deserve better – therefore, I am leaving a 1-star rating until [Circle K] decides to take VUSE off of their shelves.”
For GOOGLE REVIEWS ON THE COMPUTER (you will need a Google account/Gmail to make this work):
1. Open up Google and look for nearest Circle K / Wawa / 7-Eleven in your area.
2. Click the link that shows you the nearest store. This will take you to Google Maps with a brief summary of their store.
3. Scroll down the page and click on WRITE A REVIEW.
4. There will be 5 stars under your name or username, and leave a 1-star rating. Where it gives you the option to share details of your own experience, write something along the lines of the sample above.
5. Click POST.
For GOOGLE REVIEWS ON AN iPHONE (you will need a Google account/Gmail to make this work):
1. Open up Safari and search the name of the store.
2. Click on the location for which you want to leave a review.
3. Click REVIEWS, to the right of OVERVIEW.
4. Leave a 1-star rating. When it gives you the option to share details, write a review along the lines of the sample above.
5. Click POST.
On YELP (you will need a Yelp account to make this work – download the app if you want to do this from your phone):
1. At the top, search for the specific store and an approximate location (city or street address).
2. Click on the name of the store. Then click on the first star in order to WRITE A REVIEW along the lines of the sample above.
3. Once you have finished your review, click POST REVIEW.
We appreciate your participation in this campaign. With your help we will gain the attention of Reynolds American Tobacco and get them to guarantee basic rights for workers in their supply chain. Let us know how many reviews you posted and where. LET’S MAKE IT TO 100!