President Obama will stop deporting undocumented youth who are eligible for the federal DREAM Act.
This class of immigrants will also be granted access to work permits, as well, but not citizenship.
The order is expected to impact up to 800,000 young people.
Congratulations DREAMERS for your hard work and courage! You deserve this and more!
- BREAKING: Obama Will Halt Deportations of DREAMers by Colorlines
- ICE’s Info Sheet
- New Obama policy will spare some from deportation by the AP
- Statement by the National Immigrant Youth Alliance
- Statement by United We Dream
- DHS Memo
- DHS Secretary Napolitano Announcement
- Deferred Action FAQs